My awesome team and I have been working on animal adaptations in science. Each of our classes chose a different ecosystem: rain forest, ocean, tundra, swamp, and desert. Then, we learned about our ecosystems more in depth and made animals, then labeled their structural adaptations and wrote about their behavioral adaptations.
Some of us used different colors of paper cut up and others used watercolors. I really like the way the watercolor animals turned out!
Today we were reviewing behavioral and structural adaptations before doing a lab on bird beaks and the students were able to apply their knowledge to other situations really easily, even though we had only focused on rainforest adaptations!
Here are our bulletin boards from our work last week!
Rain Forest
Tundra
Desert
Swamp
Ocean
TEKS: 4.10A explore how adaptations enable organisms to survive in their environment such as comparing birds' beaks and leaves on plants






This is amazing! Just what I was looking for... A million thanks for your hard work and willingness to share.
ReplyDeleteI love this! So excited for y'all to have this site up and running. Great bulletin board ideas...saving this for next year! :)
ReplyDelete~Alyssa
absherallstars.blogspot.com